Best flight fares for next 30 days
Cengkareng / Jakarta
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -

Bandung for couples

Lovebirds are seldom in need of cheering up, but Bandung in West Java has plenty of fun anyway for couples on their honeymoon or simply a weekend getaway. We promise, our list does not involve any factory outlets.

Picture at Museum Konprensi Asia Afrika

Nothing says Bandung louder than this historical site of Museum Konprensi Asia Afrika (previously known as Gedung Merdeka or Concordia Societat during colonialism) at Jl. Asia Afrika. The art deco building invites visitors to strike a pose in front of it for the lenses.

Next, take a walk to the nearby Braga area and enjoy more of the city’s of art deco buildings. Stop at Sumber Hidangan for snacks and enjoy paintings by local artists on the sidewalk.

The museum and Braga are famous as a photo area for those looking to get married soon. It is fairly common to see couples decked in bridal attire having their pre-wedding photos taken.

If photos are too modern for your taste, why not have your picture sketched on the spot by a local artist in Braga? Include the landmark as a background and you will not have to worry about having your eyes shut right at the moment someone presses the button in front of the museum.

A size 12 R sketch will cost around Rp 250,000 ($USD 25.80), while a colored cartoon style one will cost around Rp 350,000. The artist will usually need around two hours to complete the work. Meanwhile, crash at nearby cafes or explore different areas in the city.

Lembang

Rent a car with driver or hail a taxi to get to Lembang where tea plantations lie. Not only can you enjoy the refreshing greenery, you can stop by at a local warung for a freshly made tea.

D’ Ranch Lembang is family spot you might want to visit for lunch. The place is huge and I really like the ranch theme and the huge field and the flowers boulevard with mountain as the background. Here you can enjoy many activities together from horse riding, archery, or simply chill out and enjoy the cool breeze of Lembang’s air while drinking fresh milk and eat local dish from their food court. They offer many selections of Indonesian foods and homemade sausages.

Lovely afternoon at Padma

The Restaurant in Padma Hotel, Ciumbeleuit, offers good food as well as a calming view of the nearby valley. It is quite an experience to eat dinner or have your tea accompanied by the sound of crickets. Pack a jacket or a pashmina since it will get chilly at night.

Dinner here is pricey but recommended.

if you are here for romantic dinner, do come early afternoon so you can enjoy the valley view from the balcony before the night took this sight away. My old time favorite is their cheesecake glazed with caramel sauce, at Rp 49,000 per slice.

Read also: A mini guide to Bandung’s culinary perks

Comment(s)

Share your thoughts about our article

• Alex Burke 2 yearss ago

Bandung seems better than Jakarta for weekend getaway, am I right? Never been to Bandung before, but I heard here locals visit Bandung for vacation when I always stay in Jakarta. Nice tip for the places!

Alice Belden 1 years ago

indeed, the weather is colder than Jakarta, and there more spot to visit.. this city is worth to visit tho :)

• Sarah Goth 2 yearss ago

While reading this article I'm wondering about my second honeymoon haha. Love the atmosphere! Looks soooo romantic :)

• Sarah Goth 2 yearss ago

Whoaa, surely I'll get a horse riding with my boyfriend at d'Ranch Lembang next week. Thanks for the info!

Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

Thanks for reading :)

• James Fogel 2 yearss ago

Wow, have dinner and proposed to your lovely fiance in Padma Restaurant will be romantic. And I'll sure she will say the 'I do or I will' when you ask the question on your knee in these romantic restaurant.

Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

Agree, the place will increase the possibility of the proposal :))

• Celine Delpy 2 yearss ago

No wonder why Indonesian people said Bandung as Paris van Java. It's such a beautiful place evidently. Way to go, Bandung!

• Albert Knox 2 yearss ago

Nice recommended though! I wished that just the two of us (my wife) could visit these places. But i already have kids! haha.

Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

Hi Albert, De Ranch is perfect place to bring your kids, have played all day so you and your wife will have Padma just for you two :)

• Kyle Andreas 2 yearss ago

Braga for sure! I love Bandung for its original and classic view and atmosphere. And also for the lovebirds! D'ranch Lembang seems nice, I'll mark this spot to visit. Nice article!

Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

Hi Kyle, thank you for reading :)

• Yevi Ramadhan 2 yearss ago

i miss Bandung...

Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

I bet you do :)

• Markéta Irglová 2 yearss ago

What a lovable trip! I've never been in Bandung before, but I plan a trip in Indonesia next year and this kind of information is really suitable for me and my husband. Thanks for the nice article :)

Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

Thanks for reading Marketa

• Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

Hi Milley and Michael, come to Bandung soon, will you? :) Thanks for reading by the way

• Karenenna Cester 2 yearss ago

This Padma hotel really looks good! Will put it on my list next time i visit bandung. Anyway, how to rent a car to Lembang and how much it will cost? Thankyou.

Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

Hi Karenenna, Padma hotel offers car rent as well, but for more reference, please check this article : http://www.jakpost.travel/news/bandung-transportation-the-best-way-to-getting-around-McxsEhn0wYv7epqL.html To go to Lembang by cap could cost you around Rp 100,000 just to go there and there aren't many taxi to go back to Bandung so you might have to make a booking by phone. Renting a car and driver is more recommended.

• Milley Peters 2 yearss ago

Oh, at first i was thinking there arent in Indonesia. Totally amazed me..

Michael Frank 2 yearss ago

Yah, we are at the same thought here.

Nisha 'Icha' Rahmanti 2 yearss ago

Hi Milley and Michael, pay Bandung a visit soon, then? :) Thanks for reading

Welcome to
The Jakarta Post Travel
Please login to use more features
Google+